The Cake and Courtship blog tour finished at the weekend. Once again, a huge round of thanks to all who joined in, particularly the wonderful bloggers who hosted me.
Giveaways are still open on many of the blogs at the time of writing, but hurry if you want the chance to win a copy of the book or something more chocolaty. Here the second half highlights:
- Visit From Pemberley to Milton for some thoughts on my trip to Bath and an excerpt from the evening of the Meryton Assembly.
- “With my calves, I can’t do Mr Darcy.” Enjoy an interview with yours truly at My Vices and Weaknesses.
- The relationship between Elizabeth and her father sit at the centre of the guest post and excerpt at More Agreeably Engaged: the topic of conversation is THAT Collins proposal.
- So Little Time…So Much to Read reveals newly-discovered excerpts from Mr Bennet’s diary, where he discussed his London trip, ribbons and an unusual incident involving a narwhal skull.
- Finally, a tribute to Jane Austen’s minor characters and an excerpt at Just Jane 1813 to bring the tour to a close (with an extra special giveaway).
You’ll find first half highlights here.
Since Cake and Courtship is/was my debut novel, the tour was my first. It was a real pleasure to read the comments and “chat” with so many of the fans of Austenesque fiction out there. We all share a common interest, after all…the person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.